Monday 22 August 2016

Ghulam Asghar Khoso (Comedian) profile by Mahira Majid

Profile of Ghulam Asghar Khoso (Comedian)

By: Mahira Majid Ali

Class: BS-III

Roll no. 2k14/MC/155



Share smiles and never let your sorrows destroy others happiness- Asghar Khoso

Everyone in this world has aims and ambitions of life, some people live their life for themselves and some dedicate their life for the sake of others happiness. Living for own self is easy whereas, a life for others is more meaningful as well as difficult. Ghulam Asghar Khoso is a person with difficult but meaningful life.

Basically, Asghar belongs to Dadu’s middle-class family. His father died in 1995 and he left his studies after primary level due to their fiscal problems. He had three brothers, two sisters and a mother to take care of.

Khoso said, the only inspiration of my life is Moin Akhtar. From his very childhood, he used to make others happy through his deeds and jokes. He has also performed in stage dramas in his own village on rupees 5 or 10 contribution of inhabitants of the area. He told, once we were coming back from a program and some robbers looted us. We had just 2 bags, one with dholak and the other with money. We told them to give the dholak back because that is the only means of our food and income. So they returned our dholak. Not only in dramas, but Asghar has also worked in Nohas, Naats and funny songs.

He tried to work with Sindhi media and also made some videos but he says, that was the worse experience of my life because Sindhi media is defaming Sindhi culture by showing feudal system. So, I became rebel and started working on social media. My videos are on educational and current issues also they are against those Sindhi channels who are defaming our culture.

Khoso, a well-dressed man with black hairs, lampshade moustache and long height. His appearance does not indicate that he is illiterate. One of his friend, Bharat Akhani said that he has not dual personality. He acts same with his family and friends as well as on stage. He make others laugh through his genial jokes. Another friend of Asghar told that he is a kind, jolly and loving man but he is never on time. Whenever we plan to meet Asghar comes late or sometimes he even forget to come.

People love to invite him in marriage ceremonies and birthday parties for performance. He also attend different festivals of universities and colleges.  He specified, I am my own script-writer, I do not have team. I make videos on mobile and share them on social media. Once I was in my village, walking through the road, I saw a man on donkey and requested him to give me a ride. After convincing him, I sat on it and made a video on the spot. The dialogues were not scripted before and they were natural, that is one of my most watched video on YouTube having more than 49,570 views.

Asghar is a frank person but criticism is common everywhere. Many people criticize him. He told, once he was in a party, where government officers were present and he cracked a joke that people adore government jobs, houses and cars, while they abhor to send their child to government schools. All the officers became angry over him and said you are disgracing us. He told that in every program 80% people criticize me, while other 20% appreciate me. Many people dial my number intentionally and ask who is talking, I answer them Asghar Khoso, they laugh and say oh that Asghar Khoso who just make funny videos. People usually do not appreciate the art, they just mock over it.

When asked about any unfulfilled dream, he replied, it was my wholly dream to be educated which remained incomplete otherwise, all my wishes come true. When someone text me and I cannot reply them, at that time my heart weeps blood. I am unable to write posts on Facebook and I ask others to tell me what to write on the post. But I am not dishearten, my sons are getting education in school and I am focusing on their education and working for their better future. He said, I am not literate but a large number of students from schools, colleges and universities follow me on social media.

Those who make others laugh, also have many problems to face in their lives. Asghar got married with his second cousin and has two sons. His wife is paralysed. Whenever he goes to hospital for her check-up, people start asking him about his videos and request him to joke. People do not take others problems seriously. But Asghar never minds he says, everyone has problems in his life and making others happy in such a cruel, selfish and busy world is no doubt a difficult task, but I love to do so.  It is good to make others happy, it gives me pleasure and I forget about my problems by sharing smiles. I do not let my sorrows to destroy others glee.

----- --------  ----------         -----------     ------ ------
http://sindh-mass-com2k14-bs-iii-2nd.blogspot.com/2016/11/blog-post_96.html 

نجی اسکولوں کا بڑھتا رجحان       ماہرہ ماجد علی


1 comment:

  1. nice piece of information about asghar khoso if u want to know more visit here

    ReplyDelete